Wednesday Words of Encouragement

The first thing I did this morning when I woke up was check my phone to see who won the election last night.  I just couldn't stay up that late so had to wait until this morning.  I know that my friends who voted for Donald Trump are rejoicing and my friends who voted for Hillary Clinton are mourning.

But one thing that I know, regardless of who is the White House is that we don't have to despair, nor should we put our hope in any man or woman.  Our hope is in the Lord alone no matter who is the leader of this country.

Another thing that came to mind is the verses in Ephesians 4:1-6.

Therefore I, the prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk worthy of the calling you have received, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, accepting one another in love, diligently keeping the unity of the Spirit with the peace that binds us.  There is one body and one Spirit -- just as you were called to one hope at your calling - one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is above all and through all and in all.

As believers, we are held to a higher standard and should live up to that standard.  Are you guilty of badmouthing those you know who voted differently?  Have you called people names?  Do you shine the love of Christ through the words you speak and the attitudes you have towards others?

There is no mistaking the message here.  If you call yourself a Christian, walk your talk!  We are to be patient and kind, as well as gentle and humble.

Let's live up to calling God has given us.  If your candidate won then be gracious in your joy.  If your candidate lost, be gracious in your sadness.  If we call ourselves a follower of Jesus Christ we are one body, regardless of our political differences.  Let's love our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live