Because He Lives


I love contemporary Christian music  over hymns and old style choruses, but there is an older song by Bill & Gloria Gaither that I love, Because He Lives.  I can't sing it without tears streaming down my face, especially when I get to this verse...

How sweet to hold a newborn baby,
And feel the pride and joy he gives;
But greater still the calm assurance:

This child can face uncertain days because He Lives!

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow,
Because He lives, all fear is gone;
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living,
Just because He lives!

This morning as something reminded me of the song, I thought of Mary.  As she held her newborn baby, I'm sure she had no idea of what he faced.  Little did she know because of his life others would find hope.  Because of this particular child's birth I can face uncertain days.  Because of his life, my children can face them.  Because of his death and resurrection, I can get up each morning and know that no matter what that day will hold, my life has meaning.

I can face unending days of the sun not shining in the sky or my spirit.  I can face cars that won't start.  I can face a child struggling with many issues.  I can face a discouraging week with few customers in a new shop.  I can face pain and sickness and death.

I can deal with anything because I know who is in control.  I know who has my future in His hands.  I know that He lives and because of that I have hope.  Hope that keeps me getting up each morning and moving forward.

That is the beauty in Christmas.  It's a reminder that a child was born.  A son was given.  And because of that I can face tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live