Wednesday Words of Encouragement

Psalm 42:11 ~

Why am I discouraged?
Why is my heart so sad?
I will put my hope in God!
I will praise him again—
my Savior and my God!


This has been a tough week for many and it's easy to give way to discouragement, anxiety and even fear.  I know some of you are dealing with family issues, the loss of loved ones, financial problems, and so much more.  I love reading through the Psalms because many times the words there are exactly what I am feeling at the moment.  They seem to speak to the situation I'm in at the moment.

This morning when I opened up to read in Psalm 42, this verse popped out at me.  It's as if David is giving himself a pep talk.  He repeats these exact words again at the end of the psalm to drive the point home.

Are you feeling discouraged and overwhelmed today?  Look up! 
Are you feeling anxious about  a situation?  Look up! 
Are you feeling like there is no hope?  Look up! 
Does there seem like there is no way out of your circumstances?  Look up! 
Want to throw in the towel and give up?  Look up!

There is always hope as long as we keep our eyes on the Lord.  He has your life in His hands.  He provides hope when you feel hopeless.  Take your eyes off the circumstances and trust Him.

Look up today.  God has it under control!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live