Delighted


Zephaniah 3:17 (NIV) ~

For the Lord your God is living among you.
    He is a mighty savior.
He will take delight in you with gladness.
    With his love, he will calm all your fears.
    He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Do you know how much God loves you?  He takes pleasure in you.  He actually sings over you.  That is a difficult concept to grasp. God is actually sings with delight!

I know that I struggle with it.  I look at my many sins and feel like a failure.  I ask for forgiveness, and I know it's given, but I still carry the burden of the mistake.  I see the dirt on my soul and forget to realize that when I've been forgiven, I'm washed clean.  When I keep focusing on the stain that is no longer there, I cannot move forward.

I want to encourage you today to remember that Christ takes your sin, forgives it and forgets it and casts it away!

Comments