Stormy










After being lulled into dreams of summer with the warm weather we had in February, March came marching in with bitter cold and then a major storm the past few days.  Unfortunately, it matches my mood; stormy.  It feels as if winter will never end, just as it feels as if my broken leg will never mend. 

By the end of each day, I feel as if my skin is crawling from just sitting all day long.  I've even started getting down on the floor to do some sit ups and leg lifts, just so my body can move.  It's no easy task getting back up off the floor since I cannot bend my left leg.  I truly feel so frustrated.

I have been keeping busy, planning an upcoming retreat, as well as a number of other events going on over the next few months, but not being able to move really has cramped my style.  And to be honest, my creativity.  I pulled out a box of lace that someone gave me and while I have a number of ideas floating around, it's hard to want to do any of them.  In order to sew, I have to be able to get up and hobble over to the ironing board to iron and then back and forth between the sewing machine and ironing board.  The amount of effort it takes to do that with crutches is exhausting.  Then I end up hobbling around on my foot anyway which I'm not supposed to do.

So, here I sit, in front of a computer screen or with a book or the television.  I'm longing for the days when I can stroll around my yard or grocery shop or go buy jeans.  There are noticeable see-through spots coming through the backside! lol  But to even do that small task is practically impossible. 

A couple of days I was disobedient and did hobble to vacuum or clean.  I have made meals but then find myself walking across the floor with the crutches hanging and tucked under my arm.  I'm not sure that's what the doctor meant when he said to use the crutches.  ;-)  And yes, I get scolded all the time, especially from Emily, who likes to say things like, "Mom!" "Keep doing that and you will be crippled for the rest of your life."  Nag, nag, nag.  That's all she does! LOL

In other news, she has been making dinner a few nights a week and is doing a fantastic job.  I have not had anything she made that I didn't like.  Even Nathan, who mixes with her like oil and water, has praised her cooking.  Last night she made creamy parmesan and garlic pasta with kielbasa.  Delicious!

The sun is out today and it's pretty on the snow.  I have another 8 weeks to go so I'm praying that the time flies by quickly.  Monday is my next doctor's appointment with an x-ray so we shall see how I'm progressing.

In the meantime I hope this roaring lion of winter leaves with a whimper.  I planned a community Easter egg hunt on April 15th and it's always risky here in Central New York, but I'm hoping the weather cooperates.

Have a wonderful day!

Comments