Reflections for Easter: The Seven Last Sayings of Christ, #7


Luke 23:46 (HCSB) ~

And Jesus called out with a loud voice, “Father, into Your hands I entrust My spirit.

Can you imagine living your life in such a way that at the end of it you can say, "Father, do with me what you will?" We come to the end of Jesus life. He has completed the task he willingly chose to do. He has paid the ultimate price for our sins. And now he speaks these words that show his complete and utter trust in his Heavenly Father.

What a beautiful picture of his relationship with God. After he spoke these words, he died. And even in his passing, he changed lives. Verse 47 tells us that a centurion who was standing nearby, saw this and began to praise God.

His sacrifice is meant to do just that. Jesus came so that I can be a changed person. I cannot see and understand what He did without realizing my desperate need to put my life into the hands of my Heavenly Father. His death and later, resurrection calls me to know that I cannot do anything without the help of God.

Jesus death and resurrection requires a response. Will we continue on in our own sinful pattern of living or will we entrust ourselves to the Lord? Will we trust Him and live a changed life? The choice is yours.

Comments

  1. Thank you for all these thoughtful posts, Terri. I've appreciated them all, and this last one is especially motivating and challenging. I really appreciate your authenticity in your writing and sharing. Have a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melissa! Happy Easter to you and Steve!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live