Slow it Down








Time is racing by and my to-do list includes things like send in student orientation payment, mail graduation party invites and make sure college paperwork is together.

Emily graduates on June 23rd and Stephen will be finished up in December.  Nathan just turned 26 years old and Emily will be 18 at the end of the month.  There are days when I feel as if things are moving all too fast.  I'm afraid that I'm missing precious moments because I get distracted with other things.



So as I remember to do so, I've been snapping pictures.  Dan, Stephen and Emily were playing baseball the other night and it made my eyes well with tears because of the special bond my kids have with their dad.  He is a good father who has always spent time with his children.  They are so blessed to have Dan has a dad.

I'm fairly certain I will have a hard time when Emily goes off to school, but I have a feeling it's going to be rough on Dan.  She is his baby girl and they are close.  But we are excited for Emily as this is a wonderful time for young people.  She has a blank slate and exciting times ahead!



But I do wish time would slow down a bit and I'm doing my best to imprint these precious last moments on my brain.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live