Wednesday Words of Encouragement


If you watch the news it's easy to let a feeling of discouragement and depression to set in. Yet, no matter how bleak things seem in this world, acts of righteousness that bring praise to God always shine through.  

As I listened to the news last night about the bombing in Manchester, it brought tears to my eyes as I saw all the people reaching out to the victims. From the woman who gathered the children in a hotel next-door and called their parents to others who opened up their homes to total strangers.

God's righteousness always shines through. And when these things happen, it brings praise to God. Just as shoots poke up through the ground every spring, so those righteous things will poke through even in the midst of tragedy.

Isaiah 61:10-11 (HCSB) ~

I greatly rejoice in the Lord,
I exult in my God;
for He has clothed me with the garments of salvation
and wrapped me in a robe of righteousness,
as a groom wears a turban
and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.
For as the earth produces its growth,
and as a garden enables what is sown to spring up,
so the Lord God will cause righteousness and praise
to spring up before all the nations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live