Showers of Blessings


It's been a rainy summer and last night was no different.  I woke up to a soaked deck and had to wipe everything down before I could sit out there.  It seems like at least 4 days out of 7 it's been raining. 

A number of things have happened over this past week and I feel like I've received a soaking from the showers of blessings that have rained down on us.  Money is always tight because we are in full-time ministry in a small church, as well as living on one income.  But when we have to plan an unexpected event such as a graduation party it becomes even tighter.

My heart is full this morning:

❤ I have watermelon on my menu for Saturday and two different people offered to bring it which makes that one less purchase I have to make.

❤ Yesterday, a friend stopped by and she had purchased all the plates, cups and utensils for the party. 

❤  I had asked another friend on Sunday if we could borrow his charcoal grill since we have a tiny, tabletop one.  He said he would drop it off.  I was in our shed yesterday when I saw a brand new grill in a box.  When I messaged him about it, he told me that it was a gift for our family! 

❤  Last night I received a text from a friend who has some shirts and shorts that would fit Nathan or Stephen and she wanted to know if we could use them.  Yes!

To me these are all beautiful blessings that I didn't expect which makes them doubly sweeter.  I am so appreciative of the generosity that others show to us. 

I've been enjoying myself this week by coming up with decorations on a budget.  I purchased table cloths yesterday but have been able to come up with beauty from things on hand.

The flowers I had in my yard were the inspiration for the color scheme, and then I used my creativity for the rest. A double blessing was I didn't realize how therapeutically relaxing it would be!





I've been busy baking and today, I'm shopping for all food, in between a doctor's appointment for my knee.  It's been a busy week but a happy one for me.  I love showering blessings on my daughter, just as I've been showered upon too!



It's going to be a great party, and I'm especially excited since our families will be there to celebrate with us.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live