Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Wednesday Words of Encouragement


I'm reading through the Old Testament for a class that I'm taking, and in the past four days have read all of Genesis and through chapter 13 in Exodus.  At first, it was difficult because that is a lot of reading and a few times I had to reread a section because I realized my mind was wandering.  However, as I have been reading, God has been speaking to me.

So often I get very discouraged by ME.  I see my glaring weaknesses and when I mess up, especially in front of others, it sends me into a tailspin.  I feel inadequate, unprepared and unworthy of any sort of ministry.  I then feel defeated, depressed and want to quit.

Yet, as I've been reading and reflecting on the lives of those in the Old Testament, it continuously amazes me how God takes very frail and flawed people and uses them.  As I read of the sinful behaviors of people being used by God, and see how the Lord still blesses them, I'm in awe of His forgiveness.  

It gives me hope.  If God can use people who seem to have issues far greater than my own, then perhaps He can use me in my weakness.  God takes that little that we bring him, transforms it and magnifies it to accomplish His purposes. That brings me great encouragement and I hope it brings you some today too!

Ephesians 3:20-21 (MSG) ~

God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us.
Glory to God in the church!
Glory to God in the Messiah, in Jesus!
Glory down all the generations!
Glory through all millennia! Oh, yes!