Exploring













When my sister-in-law and brother-in-law were here for Emily's graduation they had planned on hitting a couple of sites on their way back home.  One of the places they told us about was Green Lakes.  It's only about 50 minutes away from here and I had no idea it existed.  The lakes are a beautiful blue-green meromictic lake—one in which layers of water do not mix.

So Dan and I decided to go yesterday.  I wasn't sure if I'd be able to do much walking at all, but I know my knee is healing because it doesn't have that unsteady, wobbly feeling it had when I first tore my MCL.

I ended up walking 2 miles with no problem and I was so happy!  There are eleven different trails there with varying levels of difficulty but we picked one of the easiest ones which went around the perimeter of Green lake.  The lake was gorgeous!  

I have to be honest and say that I was an absolute crab yesterday morning and didn't want to go or do anything.  However, I'm so glad I did.  After about 10 minutes walking, I felt my mood melt away and peace was restored.  


There is another lake there which we didn't get to yesterday, but we will definitely be going back!  As you know, I love being outdoors and hiking so I'm looking forward to having a new place to explore.  

Comments