Multitude Monday


"God doesn't call the qualified."  "He qualifies the called."

From a human standpoint, I am the least qualified to work in ministry.  I am full of anxiety and insecurity. I struggle with impatience and pride.  I wish I was less impulsive.  I often lie awake at night, in tears, as I replay every mistake I've made that day.  There are days that I think I made huge errors in judgment and wish I had made different choices as far as choosing a major and what I've actually done with my life.  

Yet, I also know God doesn't always call those who are qualified.  As He works in a person's life, they begin to develop skills and qualities that qualify them for the task He has called them to do.  

I am a work in progress and while I wish I were leaps and bounds ahead of where I actually am, I know that God will continue to work in me to change those things that are unlovely.  He will walk beside me as I walk along the path laid out for me.  He will gently correct me, lovingly encourage me, and lift me up when I stumble and fall.

I am not perfect and there are times when I really don't like me, but I also know that the Lord will continue to work in me because He has called me.  And that brings me great thankfulness and joy today.

This week I'm thankful for blessings, 3076 - 3084.

3076. I'm thankful that I'm learning to let my children go into God's hands.  My greatest anxieties center around them, but I know that I need to let them struggle through things so they'll develop maturity and trust in the Lord.

3077.  A release of stress that I felt after I let some things go that were pushing me from my normal busy into too busy.

3078.  Being able to be a bit more active as my knee allows.  I was given the clearance to walk as I can.  I do notice that I still have to be careful because any bit of twisting motion, causes the ligament to flare-up. So I am thankful for those reminders our nerves send us when we need to slow it down.

3079.  All kinds of goodies coming out of my kitchen.


3080.  The simple things in life, such as cabbage and salt which turn into sauerkraut.




3081.  Emily goes off to college on the 24th which is a little over a week away.  The realization makes me get very weepy, but I am so thankful for the beautiful young woman she has become both inside and out.  I'm thankful for the privilege of being a mother and the joy it has brought me.  It'll be hard to see my youngest leave, but I know she will do great.

3082.  Our church family.  We had a barbecue after church yesterday and it was wonderful to see the love and camaraderie we all have for each other.  The church is growing and there are many new people there.  It's a beautiful group of people.

3083.  God continues to make a way where we can see no way.  I'm thankful for that.

and finally...

3084.  God's continued work in my life.

Comments