Multitude Monday


My heart is full of thanksgiving this morning.  I love Multitude Monday so I can reflect back over the week and think about the blessings in my life.

This week I'm thankful for blessings, 3085 - 3100.

3085.  The feeling of a cool breeze blowing on my face.

3086.  The sweet taste of fresh off the vine tomatoes.

3087.  Sitting on my deck in the dark of early morning and then hearing the sound of birds beginning their morning song as it gets lighter.

3088.  The bittersweet feeling of watching my daughter purchase school supplies and then the humor that comes as she fusses about the price of items.  lol  Welcome to adulthood, honey!

3089.  One last "all-of-us-together" family dinner yesterday.  Stephen went back to the camp he works and will be back late Wednesday night. We are taking Emily to college on Thursday morning.  So yesterday afternoon we took them all out to dinner together.

3090.  Warm loaves of bread, fresh out of the oven.

3091.  Seeing pure joy on a couple's face after they made a decision to surrender their lives to Christ.  The change of expression on their faces from the beginning of the service to the end of the service yesterday was amazing.

3092.  We still don't know if Stephen will be able to finish college this fall.  He needs 6 credits to graduate but can only live on campus if he takes 12. But we found out that financial aid won't count the extra 6 credits because they aren't in his degree so he may not get the total funding he needs.  The other issues is that the 6 credits he needs aren't offered until the spring semester but his advisor was going to design the 2 classes (3 credits each) especially for Stephen.  However, now the advisor is saying that he has to SEE if he can do it. I've been in knots over it because we want him to finish his degree, he wants to finish his degree and he is getting upset about the whole thing.  But I am thankful for the relief that comes after surrendering the worry about this to the Lord.  And it was nice to hear Stephen cracking jokes yesterday about being on the 15 year plan for college instead of his normal anger and frustration over it.  

3093.  As I type this I'm listening to the hum of my washing machine.  I'm thankful for modern conveniences.

3094.  I'm working on a district retreat for the end of September and I'm so thankful that I can use my natural gifts and abilities to do this.  It's fun for me and I'm blessed with a wonderful team of ladies to work with.

3095.  I have so much inventory here at home from when I closed my shop back in February.  I've been trying to figure out what to do about it so I reopened my Etsy shop, Terri's Country Crafts, and listed it there. We can use the money and there is no point in just letting it sit in boxes.  It was nice to see 3 things sold within the first 2 days of reopening.

3096.  A farmer's market where I can get fresh fruit and vegetables.  I haven't planted a garden the past two years and I'm thankful for a cheaper source than the grocery store for food during the summer.

3097.  Blessing friends from our bounty.

3098.  Unexpected sights when you slow down enough to see them.  I was up and sitting on my deck the other morning before light.  As I say there and the sky got lighter and lighter, I could make out two figures in the field.  It was a buck and doe laying down in the grass.  Then a few minutes later as I was reading, I heard a different sound and looked up to find three baby deer playing and butting heads together.  I never would have witnessed that if I had been racing through my day.

3099.  Sunday afternoon jigsaw puzzles, naps, and puttering around the house after a busy morning. 

and finally...

3100.  Multitude Mondays!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live