On This Last Day of August


I woke up this morning and realized that we are at the end of yet, another month, and autumn is right around the corner.  The air has a different feel and it's definitely been chilly here in the mornings. We are headed into my favorite season.  I'm looking forward to pumpkins, apple picking, scented candles, and the smell of cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger in dishes.

But on this last day of August, my heart is full and I'm so very thankful for:

❣ The fact that Emily is doing well and enjoying every moment of college.  

❣ Tomorrow she comes home for the long weekend and I get to hug my girl again.

❣ A beautiful place to walk.


❣ The beauty of the moon.


❣ Stephen's school gave him a good scholarship and so his bill is a third of what it would have been.

❣ The knowledge of how to make wonderful-tasting dishes from a few simple ingredients.


❣ An upcoming retreat is coming together well.

❣ A friend gave me their treadmill they were getting rid of, so now I have a way to exercise this winter.

❣ Lunch with a different friend yesterday.

❣ Our worship team.  I love singing with them and it's wonderful to laugh and make music together as we prepare for Sunday.

❣ Dan and Stephen are headed off to visit Dan's parents for an overnight trip.  I'm thankful for these times Dan gets to spend with his parents, and Stephen is looking forward to seeing his grandparents. Nathan is working and my knee is bothering me, and long car rides make it worse, so we are holding down the fort at home.

All blessings, and things for which I am thankful. It's a good last day of August!

Comments