Uniquely Me







One of the things I constantly hear is "You seem to be doing too much." or "I don't know how you can do all you do!"  I have to be honest and say that the first statement tends to frustrate me a bit because it makes me feel as if people think I am somehow neglecting myself or my family by being busy. One day someone asked me how I could do so many activities in one day and as I reflected on it, I think it's because I truly can do the work of three people.

I work fast, I have abundant energy and I am task oriented.  It's how God made me.  I used to think that perhaps there was something wrong with me or that I was somehow being neglectful of family by getting so much done, but I am realizing that I am fine the way I am.  

I spend time with family.  I get things done around the house.  I perform the ministry duties I have outside my home well.  I'm organized and I'm on top of things.  And I find I still have many hours of down time.  

In the past when I've tried to stop doing the things others felt were too much for me, I get bored, depressed and discouraged.  Being busy and active actually gives me joy and energy.  Dan, who understands me well, told me one day that inactivity is not good for my personality.

So, I'm going to just be content to be the way that God has wired me.  Which for me means busy!  

I received the books for the class I'm taking and I had to laugh when I saw the title of one, "The Gift of Being Yourself."  Yes!  Being the unique individual that God created is a gift.  And so I'm going to embrace who I am.  

❤I'm a woman who loves her husband enough to make a peach pie on a very hot day.
❤I love saving money by hitting the regional market.
❤I love using what's around me and turn it into deliciousness such as blackberries from my backyard into muffins.
❤I love the beautiful jewel-tones of jam made by my own hands.
❤I love writing.
❤I love photography and nature and especially, the two put together.
❤I love stretching my mind and learning new things.
❤I love my husband and children.
❤I love organizing and planning events.
❤I love being in ministry.

and more importantly, 

❤I love the unique ME!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live