What a Week!






It's been a rollercoaster of a ride this week, and one where my emotions have been all over the place.  I went from thinking my life was headed in one direction to discovering that due to some unexpected things, it needed to go in a totally different direction.  And to be honest, it kind of threw me for a loop.

However, it's also been a good week.  A week of seeing some weaknesses that I need to focus on.  A week of getting some clarity and direction.  A week of wrestling with God and with myself. But, it's also been a week of normalcy.  Of berry picking and pie making.  A week of college shopping with Emily. It's been a week of summer flavors and scents.

All my plans for the fall have been put on hold, but it's okay.  I'm recognizing that sometimes I run ahead of God and He uses circumstances beyond my control to rein me in.  I got pulled up short and I feel a bit bruised, but I also know it's for the best for now.  It also gave me some clarity about doing a better job with the tasks I already have without adding more to my plate.

Both my class and consecration have been put on hold for now. This morning as I was still trying to wrap my brain around everything, I also received some direction about what I should be focusing on.  So it's all good!  

Psalm 34:8 (NLT) ~

Taste and see that the LORD is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in him!


Comments