Wednesday Words of Encouragement: Unfinished Projects


I have so many unfinished projects around my house.  A blanket I started crocheting and never finished.  A quilt I was sewing and is now lying in a pile.  Things that need repair and other projects started, and not finished.  I am the Queen of Good Intentions.  I want to do so many things, but they often fall by the wayside in my quest to do something else.

It seems to be part of being human.  We get easily sidetracked.  We often start a new project or activity and fizzle out.  We have great intentions, but little capability to see something to completion.

The wonderful thing is that God is not like us.  He finishes what He starts.  He doesn't leave us hanging.

Philippians 1:6 (HCSB) ~

"I am sure of this, that He who started a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

The work that God is doing in your life will not go unfinished.  He will continue to work in you, stretching and helping you to grow in Him.  Be encouraged today!  God is not done with you. He is using the situations, trials and circumstances in your life to continue the good work He started when you were called into a relationship with Him.  And that will continue until the day you die or until the day of Christ's return.

He is sculpting and molding you into a wonderful masterpiece and unlike us, He always finishes what He starts!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live