Crazy Week


It's been a crazy week and I'm glad it'll be over in a couple of days.

On Monday afternoon I received a phone call as I was in the midst of sewing to get ready for a craft show this weekend.  It was a pastor in our district who is on the licensing, consecration and ordination committee.  He was calling to schedule my accreditation interview for Thursday (yesterday).  YIKES!

Then Monday night we received a phone call from one of our elders.  He and his wife had been in a terrible car accident and were in route to the hospital via ambulance.  So Dan and I jumped in the car and headed the 45 minutes there to be with them. I'm thankful they are going to be okay as a dump truck t-boned their car and was totaled.  They have multiple broken bones and cuts, but will be okay.

I spent Tuesday and part of Wednesday, sewing and trying to study at the same time.  However, the more days that passed, the more I realized that there was no way I could do both without feeling tremendous stress. I also was going to need to help stuff Thanksgiving baskets on Saturday and I had signed up to make a turkey for a potluck on Sunday.  I can usually juggle multiple thing but this time it was overload!

I ended up deciding to cancel my participation in the craft fair, and the stress calmed down immediately.  I've been busy shooting out emails to people in our church to help organize meals for the couple, as well as reminder emails about the Thanksgiving baskets and potluck.  

I had my interview yesterday morning and passed! So I'm on to the next step in the process which is writing 5 positional papers, reading through the Bible twice in two different versions, and a bunch of other things before I meet before the entire committee for my final interview which will be much harder.  They would like me to do this within 24 months so I want to make sure I stay on top of my time management.

It was just as well that I canceled the craft fair anyway, as I came down with a touch of the stomach bug yesterday afternoon and still don't feel great.  Today is going to be spent doing some writing, working on my district ministry work, working on my 3D Kid's program, and depending on how I feel, straightening up around here.

Stephen got home yesterday afternoon and will be here through Thanksgiving weekend.  Dan is going to get Emily on Tuesday and then I'll have all of my chicks home which will be good.

It's been a very strange week.  I'm kind of looking forward to the weekend being over because it'll be busy too.  We are stuffing baskets tomorrow, I have to lead worship on Sunday and we have a potluck after church.  Next week all I have to do is focus on Thanksgiving which will be easy for me this year. We are going to Dan's parents and I'm doing the pies and couple of side dishes.  It's kind of nice not to have to do the whole meal, which is the first time in 9 years.

Have a wonderful weekend, and I hope your week wasn't as crazy as mine was. :-)

Comments