Multitude Monday


I leaned over yesterday morning to put something in my refrigerator and in an instant found myself unable to straighten back up without a tremendous amount of pain.  The only thing I can remember doing is moving a piece of furniture on Friday so I'm not sure if that is what triggered my back injury or not.  No matter what, I'm hurting at the moment.

Last night as we were getting ready for bed, I learned of a family situation that is causing a fair amount of frustration. Bam!  Just like that I felt myself getting worked up and anxiety-ridden.  Between the anxiety and the pain of my back I didn't sleep well last night.  Then I woke up and read the following..

Lamentations 3:22-26 ~

Because of the Lord's faithful love we do not perish for His mercies never end. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness! I say: The Lord is my portion, therefore I will put my hope in Him.

The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the person who seeks Him. It is good to wait quietly for deliverance from the Lord.


Wait quietly?  That's a new concept for me! 😉  I usually carry on and make myself sick inside when faced with a problem. I usually do the exact opposite of what these verses are telling me. I try and figure out a solution on my own. I try and fix whatever the "it" that needs fixing.

I did feel my peace being restored this morning after spending time reading and in prayer.  My back pain is still excruciating and the slightest movement sends pain through my lower back. The family situation is still there and I don't know what will happen, but I know that God is faithful. No matter what, He is enough and He is good.

And for those reasons, I am thankful today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live