On the Seventh Day of Christmas: A Look Back


Dan and I were jolted awake at 4:30 a.m. by a knock on our bedroom door.  Nathan's windshield wiper snapped off his car and he needed help with it in order to get to work since it was snowing.  

So I'm sitting here earlier than I wanted to be, reflecting back over the past year and looking forward to the new year. There were challenges in 2017 but it was still a good year.  

I fractured my lateral tibial plateau in my left leg and spent months in a leg brace and crutches.

❤ I had to close my brick and mortar store due to being unable to drive myself anywhere or put any weight on my leg. (Obviously, these first two were some of the challenges - lol)

❤ I experienced miraculous healing from the above injury after the prayer of a lovely young couple.

❤ Attended our denomination's national conference

❤ Organized three retreats

❤ My daughter graduated from high school.

❤ We enjoyed a graduation party with family and friends.

❤ I tore my MCL in my right knee. (My injuries keep jumping back and forth between legs).

❤ I found a renewed desire to use my gift of hospitality which has resulted in many meals shared around our table.

❤ I submitted my application for consecration in our denomination.

❤ I passed my initial licensing interview for consecration.

❤ Emily began her college career.

❤ Started a weekly children's ministry.

❤ Stephen finished up his college career.

So overall, it was a good year.  I'm looking forward to our worship service this morning and heading to a friend's tonight.  On this 7th day of Christmas, reflecting back is a good exercise to do.

Have a wonderful day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live