On the Sixth Day of Christmas: Go With the Flow


I spent the past two days cooking and baking, getting ready for today's party.  I wasn't quite sure how many to expect since not everyone RSVP'ed but with those that did respond, I had about 25 coming.



I've been doing a much better job at being calm before we have company.  I used to think everything had to be perfect and felt like a drill sergeant, barking orders at my family. However, I realize that people aren't here to see my house, but me and while I want things to be reasonably clean, it doesn't have to be spotless.  

Today I felt really peaceful and was looking forward to our company.  The party was supposed to start at 1 and at noon it was sunny and beautiful.  I looked out the window close to the time it was to start and saw this.



When a lake effect storm comes up, it really storms. We got about 5" of snow in an hour and it snowed most of the afternoon.  One by one, my guests started canceling.  In years past, I would have been really upset about the whole thing but I am happy to report that I went with the flow this year.  

I decided come what may, I would enjoy myself.  If it was just our family then we would eat and have fun and I wouldn't have to cook for a week! lol  We did end up with 8 extra people and we had a great time! 

And I can end the day knowing that I was calm.  Peace prevailed and people were well fed and enjoyed the company. I can lay my head on my pillow tonight knowing I didn't upset or frustrated with my family and everyone is happy.

Going with the flow seems to be a good way to celebrate this 6th day of Christmas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live