Twas Three Days Before Christmas


Twas three days before Christmas
And all through the house
The furnace was humming
And so was my spouse

I am wrapped and toasty
In my warm fluffy robe
While the precipitation floats down
like inside a snow globe

My chicks are all home
And tucked into my nest
At last I can relax
And put my worries to rest

The gifts are all wrapped
And tucked under the tree
My cards are all sent
And I am full of glee

The cookies are baked
And I went way too far
Fifty dozen in all
They won't fit in my jar

The advent readings
have been written with care
Christmas eve service is coming
Not sure what I'll wear

The children at church
Are ready to sing
They have practiced hard
and will let their voices ring

Today I make goodies
to give our church family
Each year I enjoy this
And do it so happily

My prayer for you
Three days before Christmas
Is the gift of our Lord
Brings your soul full of His richness

Have a Merry Christmas!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live

When Christmas Doesn't Quite Feel Like Christmas