Wednesday Words of Encouragement


I came away from a conversation last night feeling a bit unsettled.  I was trying to explain why I was pursuing something and just couldn't articulate it in a way that I felt was being understood.  I hate when that happens and it leaves me frustrated and defeated.  I wish I was more eloquent at times or thought quicker on my feet.  I often think of a perfect response to a question hours after it has been asked.

I was still feeling uneasy this morning when I opened up my Bible to the following passage.

Romans 8:26-27 ~

In the same way the Spirit also joins to help in our weakness, because we do not know what to pray for as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with unspoken groanings. And He who searches the hearts knows the Spirit's mindset, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.

I often can feel frustrated when I'm praying too. I have a hard time articulating what I'm thinking or feeling and come away from my time of prayer with the sense that I just didn't communicate well.  I'm so thankful that we have an intercessor who puts our inadequate words into the ear of the Lord. And not only does he articulate my prayers but he pleads my cause!

Later in the same chapter it mentions that we have another intercessor as well.

Romans 8:34 ~

Who is the one who condemns?
Christ Jesus is the One who died,
but even more,
has been raised;
He also is at the right hand of God and intercedes for us.

While my words may be inarticulate and inadequate, the Lord hears them as intended because of the intercession of the Holy Spirit and Christ and for that I'm so thankful! 

You may not be an eloquent prayer warrior, but pray anyway!  You may not feel as if you can articulate things well but tell the Lord just the same.  You have someone who intercedes for you before the throne of God. And that is encouragement for today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live