One Step at a Time










Dan and I went out to breakfast yesterday morning and stopped by the lake to see what the ice situation was.  It was nice to be outside in the fresh air and warmer temperatures. I find it funny that I think 35 degrees is warm, but after the past few weeks it felt positively balmy. The ice jams were impressive and beautiful in their own way.

I love this lake and it's ever-changing look. Sometimes, it's wild and the waves look like the ocean. Other times, there are beautiful clouds over it.  Yesterday, it was flat and calm and the skies were gray. 

It's kind of like my life. I'm learning as I get older to realize that there are different seasons I will go through and not to react based on the moment. The sun will come out, the skies will clear and there will be times of bright sunshine. At other times, there will be stormy skies and huge waves. Other times there will be nothing but gray and dreariness. But it will always cycle around again.

One of the reasons I love photography and getting outside in nature is that there are so many little lessons out there that I'm reminded of as I walk and contemplate. A reason I blog is that I love writing and this is an outlet to get some of that contemplating out in some sort of coherent fashion. At least I hope it's coherent. ;-)

Dan and I are in a season of winter now. At times, it's hard to feel like anything we do is making a difference. Some days it seems as if we are spinning our wheels on ice. And yet, I also know that even a little forward motion is still motion. So we keep plugging away one day at a time. 

Spring is right around the corner (well, in this neck of the woods about two months), but it's coming. And there will also be times in our ministry when it will feel like spring with new growth and bright colors all around. 

I'm not sure what season you are in today, but I want to encourage you to keep moving forward, one step at a time! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live