February Celebrations

I couldn't find a table cloth long enough for our table so had to go with two different shades of red.  It still looks festive!
 


I made a decision that I would look for something to celebrate each day between the 15th and the end of February in order to get through what is normally a pretty dreary time for me. I actually found a number of things to celebrate.

❤ Pretty-in-pink sugar cookies. Normally, these only show up right before Valentine's Day. But I never made them this year and I thought, "Why not?" 

❤  It was February 15th but I was able to open my living room windows and let in some fresh air.  50 degree temperatures were wonderful!

❤ My phone rang as I was preparing dinner and it was Emily. That was the 4th day in a row she has called. Now I love my daughter but I HATE talking on the phone so I was kind of like, "Why are you calling AGAIN when I'm going to see you this weekend?"  She told me she likes talking to me and sharing her day.  Now if that's not something to celebrate, I don't know what is. My 18 year old wants to talk to me.  When I was her age I didn't want to talk to my mother at all.  Dan said the same thing was true with him and reminded me that shows progress and success in our parenting. 

Those are my small celebrations from yesterday. Dan is off to get Emily today for the weekend and I have some things to do here. I am feeling under the weather again, but need to rally and get moving.

Look for those small blessings each day.  Find something to celebrate in the mundane. It really does make a difference.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live