Light and Fluffy


My blog posts have been on the heavy side all week so I thought I'd post something light and fluffy today.  The sun is shining here in Central New York, our church roof is being replaced and my favorite time of the year is upon us - spring, Palm Sunday and Easter.  So I'm feeling quite joyful this morning.

The big story for me today is my baby is coming home for a week! Dan is going to get her later this morning and she'll be home through Easter. Easter will be a bit different this year because she has to be back on Sunday for classes the next day.  You'd think they would put a travel day in there but apparently not. 

Stephen is doing great in his job as dog counter (enumerator) and it really seems to be a great job for his personality and motivating for him.  He gets paid by the amount of dogs he counts so it keeps him wanting to get out there and be busy. But it's not without its perils.  So far he's been threatened by a person, bit by a dog, butted by a goat and chased by a rooster.  Never a dull moment!

My 3D Kids Program at church is going well and we have 10 children who come. I love these children. They are a wild bunch and keep me on my toes. I'm so thankful to have 4 other helpers which sounds like a lot for ten children but, oh my! You should see them in action. 

Last night, I attempted to get some of that energy out by play a lot of action games which another woman in our church put together. We also made butter which involved shaking heavy cream in a jar for about ten minutes.  I thought that would calm them down but nope.  However, not matter how loud and crazy it is, I love it.

Today I'm cleaning Emily's room and removing all traces that Stephen has taken over her room while she's not there.....shhhhhhhhhh!!!!!  She doesn't know.

I'm also making one of her favorites - sticky chicken and mashed potatoes.  Sticky chicken is a rotisserie-style chicken and so good. The sticky name comes about because the skin gets this beautiful caramelized flavor and texture.

Tomorrow will be spent getting ready for Palm Sunday and the children in my 3D Kids program will be participating in the morning service. Then Sunday night is Journey Youth so I need to come up with some games for that. Until Stephen leaves in May for his internship he has been helping me out by putting together the devotional with them and helping me lead. This week I'm also putting them to work, stuffing Easter eggs for our community Easter egg hunt next Saturday.

So it'll be a fun, but busy weekend. Spring is upon us, no matter how cold. Have a wonderful day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live