Monday Goal Setting


I have a meeting first thing in the morning so I'm working on this tonight. I love Mondays for many reasons and this is one of them. I like having a fresh start and moving forward with my goals each week. Typing this up each week and being able to come back and cross them off has done much to help me keep focused and reach my goals.

The past few weeks I could feel myself crossing the line from busy to overextended. I love doing many things and do get bored easily, but there comes a point when I know I need to let go of something because I'm not doing anything to the best of my ability. I get in this frantic pace which is leading me towards a crash! Dan and I had some good conversations this past week and he helped me get some clarity. 

I took a look at what I'm doing and made a decision about what I could let go of in order to free up some time. I let our worship leader know that I needed to step off the worship team for a time. I love singing and it is the one thing that is really fun for me, but I just can't keep spreading myself so thin and that is something that takes up one night a week plus early Sunday.  

I had also been toying with the idea of doing the weekly summer farmer's market that is down the road from my house, but decided that I don't want to tie myself down to that. Instead I'll do events here or there but not on a regular basis. Both my 3D Kids program and the youth group will be ending for the summer and rather than replace it with something, I'm going to use the summer months to focus on home, family and my consecration papers that I need to write. I do feel a bit of the burden lifted which is a good feeling. 

Onward and upward!

Goals for the week of March 19-25, 2018:

Spiritual/Personal Development

1. Personal Bible reading and prayer at least 5 out of the 7 days (goal met last week).
2. Required reading for consecration & personal development:

The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer
The Broken Way by Ann VosKamp

Husband/Marriage

1. Go out to lunch one day this week.

Children/Family

1. Make Emily's favorite dish for Friday night.
2. Schedule appointment for her to get her hair cut

Weight Loss

1. Gym 3 times.
2. I must work on a better eating plan and not snacking after dinner.

Ministry

1. Put together lesson and project for Thursday night's 3D Kids 
2. Meet with hotel staff for upcoming retreat
3. In-Service training (consecration requirement) at our district office
4. Meet with my mentor for dinner and working through some of the consecration questions
5. Board of Ministries meeting on Tuesday night - Didn't get back in time
6. Work on items for retreat
7. Come up with something for palm branches for Sunday
8. Put together games for Sunday night's youth group

Craft Business 

1. Make a couple of things for Etsy shop
2. Buy fabric for custom order

Household

1. Deep clean Emily's room for her spring break
2. Deep clean bathrooms
3. Clean sunroom
4. Vacuum entire house

Have a wonderful week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live