A Walk Down Memory Lane: Dogs, Frogs and Little Girls

Every now and then one of these blog posts show up in my search stats, meaning someone has looked at it. I clicked on this one from 2008 this morning and oh, the memories it brought back! I miss this little tomboy, though she's not one any more!

Photobucket

Emily loves animals; all kinds. Unfortunately, she is extremely allergic to pet dander, fur, and feathers. Nathan is even worse so that rules out any pets of our own.

However, God in His wonderful wisdom has us living right next door to our landlord, who has two little Jack Russells - Ringer & Katie. So for Emily it's like having two little dogs of her own and they love her as well. On any given day I can look outside and they are chasing the kids around the house.

Photobucket

There is a creek that runs right in the front of the property. It is full of frogs, crawfish, snakes, and all sorts of other exciting things for boys and girls to spend their day hunting. Usually the dogs are right in the middle of the creek hunting along with them. Katie gets her whole snout under the water, looking for fish. LOL! It is the funniest thing to see. She comes up sneezing and snorting after a few minutes and then plunges right back in the water.

Photobucket

Emily loves the frogs she catches. She has a big turtle shaped sandbox with a lid. She has filled it with water, rocks, twigs and leaves and keeps her frogs in there. They usually escape at night because she keeps the lid cracked. That doesn't seem to deter her. She just goes back and catches another one.

Photobucket

Emily told someone one day, "Did you know that I'm a tomboy?" LOL!!! Hopefully, one of these days I can get her cleaned up and looking like a little girl. However, I'm happy the way God made her and think she's terrific just the way she is.

Comments

  1. She is so sweet Terri. I love the fact that she isnt afraid of frogs and snakes and other slimey things. What a great Kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, I think Emily is a great kid, too and not because she is my granddaughter but she is cute, funny and fun to be around. I'm glad she enjoys doing things that her brothers do. That means that they will love and support each other throughout their lives! Thanks for sharing a day in Emily's life. All your children seem to enjoy life to the fullest! Oh, to be a kid again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think she is very cute with her frogs, Terri. My dd who is also eight, always tells me she likes to do to "boy stuff" but I can't imagine her picking up a frog like that.

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love frogs so much. And snakes. Actually any animal! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terri, It's been awhile since I left a comment. My dial up is so slow, but I've been reading your blogs. Your Emily reminds me of Acelia. She loves to ride bikes, and catch frogs with her brother, yet she loves to wear dresses and do girl things too. God made our girls unique and it is wonderful. Emily must have fun with those Jack Russels. They are a lively dog and fun to play with. My sister in law has two females and they are so much fun. Hope you have a great day.
    Love Kerri

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live