I Choose...


I can choose to complain about the weather, or choose to thank God for watering the ground. Some people don't have enough water to drink.

I can choose to feel frustrated with the fact that my son may not get his cap and gown on time, or choose to trust God for the outcome. Some people will never be able to get to college.

I can choose to feel overwhelmed at all I have to do, or choose to take each item at a time and be thankful that I have activities to keep my mind and hands busy. Some people spend their lives feeling bored and aimless.

I can choose to complain about a small house, or choose to be thankful for the roof over my head. Some people will sleep on the street tonight.

I can choose to worry about my children, or I can choose to remember that their times are in God's hands. Some people have buried children.

I can choose to whine and complain about my sore knee, or I can choose to faithfully do the exercises and be thankful I can at least do them.  Some people are confined to a wheelchair.

I can choose to be upset that we don't have enough money to go on nice vacations, or I can choose to be grateful that we can do some day trips. Some people don't even get a vacation.

I can choose to complain about every single thing in my life that doesn't go my way, or I can choose to be thankful, look at the positive, and realize how blessed I truly am. It's all a matter of perspective. So many times I make the wrong choice.

Today,
I choose to be grateful!


1 Thessalonians 5:18 ~

Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live