Multitude Monday


I woke up this morning to bright sunshine, blue skies and the anticipation of temperatures in the 60s.  That almost seems like a miracle after the cold, snowy, dreary spring we have had!  For someone who is really affected by cloudy, dark days I certainly picked the worst part of the country to live in. So I'll take the sunshine when I can get it and soak it in.

My heart is full with so many blessings today.

Today I am thankful for blessings #3,246 - 3,256

3246. A productive week last week. This coming weekend is the conference/retreat I've been working on. I had a very long list, but I'm thankful to say that I was able to get so much done that I don't have an overwhelmed, "how will it come together" feeling. 

3247. Physical therapy. While I can't say that my knee is better, I certainly notice a bit of a difference in it from the pt appointments.

3248. Stephen's cap and gown arrived 2 weeks earlier than they said and in time for his graduation next weekend! Yes, I cried when he put them on. lol


3249. I ended up not being able to go with Dan and the boys on Saturday to visit Emily and our in-laws. My knee just wouldn't hold up to the 6 hour car trip, plus walking. But I'm so thankful he got to spend time with his parents and brother's family.


3250. I'm thankful for a mother and father-in-law who can still get around despite being in their 80s and having all sorts of medical problems the past few years.


3251. I'm so thankful for three adult children that bring me joy. I heard from two different people this week at how much they enjoy being around them. That's always enjoyable to hear as a parent.


3252. I'm thankful for the fact that Stephen was able to be home these past few months. He's leaving in  2 weeks and I'm going to miss him. Last night, I was frustrated over a situation and he actually gave me some pretty wise advice. It is a strange feeling when your children start offering you words of wisdom. lol

3253. I'm thankful for teens at church that make me laugh and challenge me at the same time. It keeps me going to the Lord for wisdom!

3254. A friend came over yesterday and lifted and repaired our deck that collapsed this past winter. What a blessing! It is one of the things I love about summer, being able to sit out there on the deck. I was feeling a bit bummed, thinking it was going to be months before anyone got around to doing it.  


3255. Yummy meals for my family out of just a few ingredients.


and finally...

3256. Anticipating a beautiful week!


I only have a couple of items on my list this week so I won't categorize them.

Weekly Goals for 4/23-4/29/18:

✔Finish my list for the retreat - this entails about a page of things that I still need to do to be totally ready to walk out the door.

✔2 physical therapy appointments - 1 down & ended up canceling the other

✔Grocery shop

✔Basic housecleaning - wipe down bathrooms, clean rabbit cage, vacuum

✔District Missions Committee meeting on Thursday

✔Leave for retreat on Thursday from the above meeting

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live