Putting on My Armor

Always with my mouth hanging open - BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I'm finally sitting down to write out my list of things I need to get done this week. It was a whirlwind weekend and the next few months will be more of the same. I love these retreats I plan, along with a team of wonderful women who work with me. We had 232 people this weekend and it was so much fun and I'm always challenged by our speakers. It's a time to visit friends from around our district and see old and new friends. But these weekends always wipe me out for a day or two following!

I opted to stay home from church yesterday since my knee was really bothering me from being on it for three days straight. And I'm glad I did. I spent time praying and in God's word. I worked on a message I'm giving to a group of ladies on May 19th. I took a nap while watching basketball with my husband yesterday afternoon. It was truly a Sabbath day.

I always find it interesting that after a spiritual high, I seem to get hit with an attack. Sometimes it comes in the form of criticism. Other times it's some problem, or it can be my own insecurities. This weekend was no different and I struggled through a bunch of emotional "yuck" yesterday. But I woke up this morning more confident and realizing that it just means I'm on the right track and need to cling to the Lord even more.

So I'm ready to face a new week. I put on my spiritual armor this morning and I'm ready to do battle.

Weekly Goals for 4/30 - 5/6/18


Spiritual/Personal Development
1. Personal Bible reading and prayer at least 5 out of the 7 days
2. Required reading for consecration & personal development:



The Children's Bread by Keith Bailey


The Broken Way by Ann VosKamp



3. Review consecration questions

Marriage
1. Date
2. Find a way to bless him this week


Children/Family

1. Make a birthday meal for Nathan (already have gifts).
2. Iron Stephen's graduation robe
3. Order cake for celebration on Sunday
4. Cancel hotel for Saturday and Sunday (we decided to come home after graduation instead of staying through for our district conference which starts Monday.  We will just go back down.)
5. Friend is picking up tickets for Steve's graduation for us as well as paying a small fine too for a missing library book (it cracks me up that after paying thousands of dollars he won't graduate if he doesn't pay $7.50. )
6. Haircut for Stephen
7. Stephen's graduation



Weight Loss
1. Continue to log meals
2. Physical Therapy & the exercises 2-3 times daily


Ministry
1. Come up with lesson and activity for Thursday night's 3D Kids
2. Discussion questions for Sunday night's youth group.

3. Put together display board for District Missions Committee for next week's district conference
4. Come up with plan to lead prayer time on Wednesday of district conference
5. Follow-up with correspondence for this past weekend's retreat
6. Monthly newsletter needs to be put together

Household (there are things that happen every day that I don't put here)
1. Deep clean both bathrooms

2. Clean out rabbit cage
3. Vacuum house

Sewing Business
1. Make 4 tea totes for an order

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live