Sweet and Sour




My day yesterday had a sweet and sour side.

Sweet ~

The sweet part of my day yesterday was that I got outside in the fresh air and went for a walk for the first time in months. In fact, as Dan and I were talking last night, I think the last time I walked was last year before I tore my medial collateral ligament in my right knee.

It was beautiful and it felt good to be outside in fresh air, the woods and silence.

Sour ~

The sour part of my day yesterday was that I got outside in the fresh air and went for a walk.

I've been doing the recumbent bike at the gym since January and it's really helped my knee to start to feel better.  The past few weeks though I've noticed that it's bothering me again and stiffens up very quickly.  We walked two miles yesterday and by the end of the walk my knee was really hurting.

As the night progressed it got worse and worse and it hurts to put any weight on it and I feel things clicking around in there. It feels the same way my other knee did when I tore the meniscus.  The frustrating thing is I was extremely careful yesterday, didn't slip or jerk it or anything like that. The only thing I can think is that either the meniscus gave way or I re-tore the MCL or a different ligament.  When I went to the doctor for it last June, he did an MRI and said besides the tear of the MCL there were also tiny micro-tears on the ligaments that run under that meniscus.  

Sigh. I have an appointment with the orthopedic doctor next Tuesday and I'm off to urgent care shortly to see about something for the pain.  I didn't sleep at all last night and feel sick to my stomach because of the jolt of pain that goes through me every time I move my leg the slightest bit.

So that's the sweet and sour parts of my day! Not really what I need at the moment, but trusting God for healing!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live