High Expectations



Dan and I were supposed to go to an all day seminar today, but ended up canceling. With our friend being in his last days, we felt we should stick close to home in case his wife needs us. And the 4 hour round trip car ride was not going to help my knee which is already hurting from Saturday's trip.

On Wednesday we need to go out to Buffalo to help Emily get moved into her summer dorm. She will be staying there for the summer, working as a campus assistant. About 100 students applied for the job and only ten were selected, so we are very proud of her. I may, or may not go, depending on how my leg is on Wednesday. 

So here is my plan for the week. I'm thankful that I have almost 3 weeks at home before I have to do any traveling. My knee needs a break and I need to get this house in shape! I have high expectations about what I'll get done around here, but we shall see. I often find that when I have all these grandiose plans life gets in the way and that's the end of the list! lol

Spiritual/Personal Development 
1. Personal Bible reading and prayer at least 5 out of the 7 days
2. Required reading for consecration & personal development (this got stalled the past 2 weeks so I need to get going on it)



The Children's Bread by Keith Bailey
The Broken Way by Ann VosKamp



3. Study my consecration questions for my meeting with my mentor on Thursday.




Husband/Marriage
1. Date
2. Find a way to bless him this week



Children/Family

1. Make some cookies and mail them to Stephen 
2. Going on Wednesday to help Emily move out of her dorm and into a summer dorm.
3. Take Emily grocery shopping while we are there.



Weight Loss
Since I reinjured my knee I have not been able to do any sort of rigorous exercise, but I did start tracking my calories on the Fitbit app. Just doing that and not going over a certain amount has helped and I have lost 8 lbs.

1. Physical therapy exercises.
2. Try walking at least 3 days, going very slowly


Ministry
1. Work on leadership retreat that is taking place on 6/15-6/16
2. Some other district work
3. Hospital visit with Dan (it may be the home, depending whether our friend goes home with hospice care today or tomorrow)

4. Make a couple of dishes for our church barbecue on Sunday
5. Meet with my mentor on Thursday afternoon.

Household
1. Deep clean both bathrooms
2. Dust living room/dining room

3. Buy paint for Emily's room and if I have time this week, starting paining
After 4 1/2 years, I'm finally going to paint her roof from this terrible neon green to something neutral. She chose the green before we moved in and it reminds me of a green screen that television producers use. In fact, she used it as the background for a couple of school projects. lol
4. Spray as much of the poison ivy that I can find in my flower beds.
Poison Ivy has made it's way next to the house. I'm allergic to it and of course, managed to get into it for the 10 minutes I was weeding last weekend so my arms are a mess right now.
5. Fix up my deck the way I would like it to be for the summer.
I have these planters that set down over the railings and want to get some flowers for them. Purchase a couple of stands for my potted plants and set up the canopy that Dan bought me for my birthday. I need to find something to tie down the canopy though. We get crazy winds through here at times and my last canopy blew off the deck and up onto our roof where it became a mangled mess.
6. Call the doctor and find out about getting an MRI

Comments