Provision







 


Dan and I have been in ministry for the past 30 years and it never ceases to amaze me how much God provides for us. We live on one income and have for most of our married life. And yet, whatever the need we have, it always seems to get met when we need it. And that has carried over for our children too. 

I used to fret and worry about how we would make ends meet, but have seen God provide so often that I don't really think about it anymore. We tithe, we help out others as we can, and while I'm frugal, we also aren't pinching every penny and yet, like the story of the widow's oil in the Bible, we end up always having enough. God is good!

This has carried over to my children as well.  We have seen the Lord meet Stephen's needs in a tremendous way just over the past few months. We helped him transport his things yesterday to his new church. He will be doing a 6 month internship as a youth pastor there with the possibility of it becoming a year. The cool thing is that we have known the couple that he will be working with for years. The pastor of the church was Dan's roommate in seminary. His wife is on my leadership team for my district position.

I wasn't sure what we were going to do for Steve as far as furnishings go, but was amazed when we got there that everything he could possibly need was provided. Furniture, utensils, dinnerware, pots and pans, etc. were all there. I knew about some of the items but didn't realize at how little he would really need. 

I think the only thing I bought him was an extra pair of sheets, some cleaning supplies, and brought a few things from around our house. We got him settled in, and then took him out to lunch and bought him some groceries. I think he has enough to last him at least two weeks, if not more. Dan jokingly told Nathan that we were going to be starving the next few weeks since we spent all our money on groceries for Steve.

We prayed for Stephen before we left and while I will miss him, I'm thankful that I rested well last night, knowing that God provided richly for my son.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live