Frugal, Staycation, Day #1



We are on vacation this week, but unfortunately, can't go anywhere because I have an event at the end of the weekend for which I need to continue to prepare. The other reason we haven't planned anything is that I can't do much of anything because of my knee. Surgery will occur pending insurance company approval but that's not until July 12th. Then thirdly, money is always an issue so we needed to try and be frugal.

In the meantime, we decided to check out a few places we've never been that I can handle with my knee and also allows me to do what brings me joy; photography. Yesterday, we went to Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge that allows you to drive through these marshy areas to see all kinds of birds and wildlife.

It was a gorgeous day with bright sunshine and low humidity. I did get out and a walk a bit a few times though it didn't help my knee at all but I certainly enjoyed being out in God's creation. I often feel like I'm so sappy because sometimes just being outside away from people and breathing all the sights and sounds makes my eyes well with tears. 

Afterwards we went out to dinner and used a monetary gift we received for our anniversary. The restaurant was on one of the Finger Lakes and overlooked the water. What a beautiful setting!

Total cost for today's adventure, $15 in gas. Here are some pictures of the day.

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live