Frugal Staycation, Day #3



We woke up to a very rainy day yesterday, but didn't let that dampen our plans. I had a doctor's appointment with my primary care physician to clear me for surgery first. When we were done with that, we headed off to Salmon River Falls which isn't far from my doctor's office.



It was rainy, but the trees gave us a lot of good coverage.



The best part? They had recently added fresh dirt to the beginning of the path and it was a spongy, soft texture to walk on. I went a good distance with very little pain in my leg. Yay me!!!


I made it past the falls and to this point when I decided to turn back. The fresh dirt ended here and the path went from flat and spongy to rocky, bumpy and muddy. Wisdom prevailed! Yay me again! lol


 

As we were headed home, we came to this sight and since we had never been here, we decided to check it out.





I never thought fish would be so interesting, but it really was. The place was empty and we were the only ones there. Loved looking down and seeing all the little newly hatched salmon.


Then we came back home for lunch and I spent the afternoon catching up on work that needed to be done in my role as district director.  There is very little down time with that during this time of the year.

Dan picked up pizza for dinner so the total cost for the day was $19 for two pizzas with toppings. Yay again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live