Frugal Staycation, Day #4


I had an appointment yesterday morning at the hospital for pre-surgery admission. After the appointment, we headed about 45 minutes south to the peace center of the Onondaga Nation.  It was set up as an educational center to learn about  these tribes. 

What an interesting place It was well worth the $10 we paid to go. I learned many things about the nation that I didn't know. For example, I had no idea lacrosse was introduced by the Native Americans! Lacrosse is huge here and now it makes sense why it's so popular.

 





 

After we finished browsing in the museum which took us about 2 hours, we headed off to a favorite spot, Green Lakes State Park. The water is such a beautiful bluish green because of the minerals in it.


I actually was able to walk a bit, but not as easily as the prior day's walk. My knee was bothering me quite a bit, and that was probably from standing on it so long at the museum.




The water is so clear you can see the fish swimming around.
 

After we were done at the park, we stopped and picked up a quick bite to eat. The total cost of today's outing came to $30.

We are done for the week. I have a dentist appointment today to put in a new filling and a crown. Dan and Nathan are picking up Emily and headed off to Erie for the weekend. They'll meet Stephen there. My nephew is having his graduation party. I need to stay home because I have an event on Sunday that I'm preparing for and it's in the opposite direction.

We had four really fun days and the total cost for all four days came to $84. Not too bad! It was fun to post about it as it gave me a bit of motivation to see how well I could do in keeping the cost down.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live