Multitude Monday


There are days that are just plain hard. Days when I want to do nothing but hide under my covers and wish the day wouldn't start. I have to be honest and say that I went through a couple of those days this weekend. I struggled with a deep depression. I struggled with fears and anxieties about my children, my future and my ministry. It was a lonely few days and some days when I felt like a failure in just about every area of my life.

And it continued into the wee hours of the morning. Every time I woke up last night, I had those same anxieties and fear attack me like swarming flies. I had to keep swatting them away one by one until I fell back into a fitful sleep.

But this morning, I felt like enough was enough. I need to take those thoughts captive, remember that God is bigger than all my fears and renew my joy. I need to offer up a sacrifice of praise to Him today because it's in the choosing to be grateful and the choice of praise that my joy is restored.

Today I'm thankful for blessings #3,311 - 3,321.

3,311. Healing that is taking place in my leg. Each day it bends a bit more and is less swollen. Each day it's a bit stronger.

3,312. Healthy breakfast.


3,313. Progress on my second position paper. It's hard work on my poor brain, but I'm getting there.


3,314. Our car died yesterday morning. I'm thankful that it started this morning and puffed it's way to the local garage and didn't stop on the side of the road.

3,315. I'm thankful that Emily came home for the weekend.

3,316. I'm thankful for reminders that God is in control even when it feels like my world spins out of control.

3,317. It's going to be a scorcher today and I'm so thankful for the blessings of air-conditioning.

3,318. The taste of fresh herbs in the summer. My leg was feeling well enough to actually make some dinner last night. I made Dijon and dill oven roasted potatoes.


3,319. A neighbor who grows their own berries and brought over 4 quarts on Saturday.


3,320. A quiet few hours at home by myself to concentrate this morning.

and finally...

3,321. The restoration of my peace and joy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live