Multitude Monday


I'm currently reading through the book of Job and the thing that strikes me the most in this book is Job's complete faith in the Lord regardless of his circumstances. His entire fortune and family is wiped out. He is afflicted with a terrible skin disease. His wife and friends add to his misery, and yet, He consciously chooses to steadfastly follow God. 

My prayer is that I would be able to do the same regardless of my circumstances. I want to be able to say, "My feet have closely followed His steps; I have kept to His way without turning aside." That requires keeping my eyes fixed on Him and not the circumstances. It means putting one foot in front of the other when I really want to lay down in despair. It means walking in a straight line and not meandering off on my own. It takes constant prayer, constant listening and a faith-filled life.

May that be true of all of us!

Today I'm thankful for blessings #3,322 - 3,337.

3,322. A very productive week on the paper writing end of things. I completed two of my position papers this past week and submitted them, as well as finishing a book.

3,323. I spoke with a friend from church and she is going to head up our youth group for me so all I have to do is oversee things, but not be the one to run it. Answered prayer!

3,324. Middle of the night solutions to a problem! It doesn't make for a great night of sleep, but I do like when the lightbulb pops on when I'm mulling over a situation.

3,325. Learning new things and realizing how many things we rely on the store to do that we could do ourselves. I made my own almond butter this week.



3,326. A joyful worship service.

3,327. A leg that is almost back to 100%. Another answer to prayer!

3,328. Mornings on the deck.



3,329. The smell of freshly baked bread.



3,330. Cards from friends, wishing me well, as well as this card. It's from our local bank and every single one of the tellers wrote a personal note and signed it. Very sweet and a great way to keep a customer!



3,331. After 30 years of marriage, my husband can still make me laugh out loud. 

3,332. An enjoyable dinner with friends.

3,333.  Blackberry cobbler made with last year's blackberries.




3,334. Rain. We need a lot more but it did rain a bit this weekend.

3,335. Stephen is working at our district camp as a counselor this week and loves it!


3,336. The beauty of this lake we live near.  Some days it's calm and other days it's wild, but it's always beautiful.


and finally...

3,337. Visual reminders to walk in His way.



Comments