Thankful for These Kind of Days


Today we had no plans and I'm still under the weather a bit. On top of that, my lower back decided to act up yesterday and I was really in some pain with that. When it rains, it pours! However, Dan and I decided to get in the car and just head towards the Adirondacks. I found a small lake on the map on my phone and we decided to go check it out.

It was so much fun! We love going on these little adventures together and had a great time. As we headed east we came across acres and acres of these wind turbines. Very cool!


We drove by small lakes and reservoirs on our way and every now and then I would yell, "Stop!" lol  This way I got to get out and take pictures.







We followed this road on my map into the Adirondack Park and were about 3 miles into it when the road ended onto a private drive that said, "No Trespassing." The unfortunate thing about my I-phone map app was that it didn't tell me that! There were really no other roads without going way out of the way so at that point we turned around. We had gone past a few hiking trails on the way so just decided to go back to that point and walk a bit.

We stopped for lunch at a little hole-in-the-wall place and had a tasty meal, gassed up and started back.

We came to a spot where there was a pull-off and a hiking trail. It was one of the most peaceful places and not a sound in the woods except birds. I actually was able to walk about 1/2 mile though on the way back it was getting quite painful.










The cool thing is on the way home I moved my neck and it made a popping sound twice and my lower back immediately felt about 75% better! Whoo-hoo!!!! Apparently, walking was good for it.

I'm all set for my surgery tomorrow morning. It's at 11 a.m. and I would sure appreciate your prayers for a smooth surgery and quick recovery. He's going to remove the pieces of jagged cartilage in the meniscus, remove the plica fold, if needed and remove a cyst that showed up in the MRI. Hopefully, I'll spring back quickly!

Thank you for being interested in my adventures the past couple of weeks. I saw a quote tonight and loved it. My husband is great company on my trips, but my blog readers are also good company and I love sharing bits of my life with you.

"The roads are long; make them short with good company!" ~ Mehmet Murat ildan 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live