Diligence


One of the biggest issues I have in my life is the tendency to get so involved in whatever I'm doing that all else gets neglected. So if I'm working on ministry items, I'll spend hours doing it and nothing else happens. If I'm sewing that is all I'll do to the detriment of housework. And on and on it goes.

So one thing I've been trying to do lately is break up these activities into half hour or one hour segments, depending on what it is. Rather than spend 4 hours straight doing computer work, I'll do it for an hour then set it aside and go on to something else. I'm finding I get more accomplished that way without it being an "all or nothing" type of mentality.

I try to switch up a sitting activity with an activity that involves more movement because it doesn't help my back or my knee to be hunched over a laptop or sewing machine for hours.


It also allows me to do some of the activities I enjoy but always feel I never have time to do anymore. So working in segments yesterday, I was able to have my quiet time, sew, make soap, clean in the kitchen (more to do today), do some work on my upcoming retreat, put together and email out a district newsletter, and make dinner and still had some time to relax and watch a bit of t.v. last night. 


When the time is up, I put aside what I'm working on and move to the next thing.  I'm liking this new way of doing things. It may take a bit longer to get some of the items crossed off my list, but it certainly makes for a more well-rounded day. I want to be diligent with the life I've been given and make the most of each moment!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live