Last Vacation Week of 2018, Part 2

 

Umm......this would have been a nice piece of information to know ahead of time!

Part of me really wanted to see a bear and part of me did not!
 
 
 
 



Today was a gorgeous day! Bright blue skies, puffy white clouds, low humidity and temperatures in the 70s. I wish summer weather was like this all the time.

We headed out to a place about an hour and a half away called Whetstone Gulf State Park. There are 5 miles of hiking trails that circle a 300 foot gorge. We had never been there and thought we'd check it out. I packed up a picnic lunch and we were headed out the door by 8:30.

We set out along the north trail which immediately started a steep climb. I was thinking that maybe I shouldn't be doing this when it leveled off fairly quickly. I had my Fitbit app on my phone and had already decided I was going to monitor how far I went with my knee. 

We ended up walking a half mile up into the gorge and then the half mile back down. Once I got down on the flat part that went along the brook that was there I was able to walk another mile. So today's total was 2 miles which isn't far compared to what I used to walk, but I keep telling myself, "baby steps!" We found a shady picnic bench and had our lunch.

Because I woke up at 4 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep, I napped all the way back home. I have a ton of leftovers from the past two days so I don't even have to cook tonight. I'd call it a good vacation day! lol 

Total cost - $21 (gas and $6 fee into the park).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live