Last Week of Vacation, Part 3









Today was a low key day. We took our time this morning before leaving and then went to a state park we've been to before. There are mineral deposits in the water that make it a beautiful bluish-green color. 

It was a pleasant walk and I was able to go 2 miles. My knee does hurt so I have to walk slowly, but at the same time just sitting makes it stiffen up and difficult to move. So I keep plugging away. 

One of the reasons I truly missed walking was because Dan and I have our best talks while we walk. So the past few weeks have been wonderful because I feel like we are reconnecting in a way we haven't been able to do in a while.

We stopped on the way home and picked up paint so I can start painting Emily's neon green, seizure-causing (not really) room a different color. I came home and spent the afternoon working on my talk and discussion tomorrow. A church invited me to come to their leadership retreat and lead them in some discussion and goals.

It's been a weird week as my mind is on the fall and upcoming programs. So vacation isn't really on my mind, nor do we have any money for it. By the end of August we are operating on fumes and of course, that's the time school bills and books for college all come due. But I've been through this many times before so I'm keeping the faith.

Stephen will be home at some point in the next week or two, we are hosting a missionary in our home the third week in September and then I have a retreat I've been planning the following week. So busy, busy!

Total cost for today - $0!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live