Multitude Monday


I had great plans of getting up early this morning and accomplishing much. I did not plan on a 2 hour wide awake time in the middle of the night and then oversleeping. We are on "vacation" this week so I guess I shouldn't stress about it too much. 

I put the word vacation in quotes because it really doesn't feel like one. We were going to do a staycation and do some fun activities each day, but Dan felt like he needed to go be with his parents for a couple of days as his dad is having hip replacement surgery. His father is 83 and a heart patient so he really felt the need to be there and I totally understand. I stayed behind with Nathan who was supposed to have an appointment this afternoon, but that just got canceled. 

I have two speaking engagements on Saturday and Sunday which I need to work on so will be doing that over the next two days. I was telling Dan the other day that in hindsight, we probably shouldn't have taken a vacation this time of the year. In ministry, the fall is when everything gears back up so it's hard to be on vacation when I want to be planning and preparing for September. 

My heart is full this morning because there have been so many blessings this past week that I'm thankful for. I love being able to reflect back each week and list them here. It's a good reminder of how God is working in my life. Sometimes God's blessings seem like a trickle and other times it's like a roaring waterfall pouring over me. This week was a waterfall! 

Today I'm thankful for blessings #3,351 - 3,365. 

3351. I'm thankful that we live close enough to Dan's parents that he can get out there on a regular basis. For years it was difficult.

3352. This young lady on the left who has been Emily's friend for the past 5 years. 



3353. A wonderful conference and safety flying there and back.



3354. Being able to complete another paper this week.

3355. Lower humidity which is heavenly!

3356. Stephen has been having a really good summer, working at our district camp as a counselor. He loves it and does a good job. I had three different people tell me recently that he is a blessing.

3357. Emily starts her sophomore year at college next week. She stayed on campus and worked all summer as a campus assistant, doing whatever was needed for the many campus visitors. She sent me this picture of her last day. Working hard or hardly working? lol



3358. The joyful atmosphere in church yesterday.

3359. Fellowshipping with my church family.



3360. Getting to spend one last weekend with Emily before she heads back to college.


3361. A good week of hearing from the Lord.

3362. Dan left the picnic early yesterday to take Emily back to school. As I got in the car with my neighbor to come home I realized I didn't have my keys to get in the house. I'm thankful for neighbors who let me crash at their house until Nathan got home from work.

3363. A wonderful summer. This summer was packed full of things and seemed to go very slowly. I am thankful for that as the winters are long. I'm thankful that despite having a bum knee, I was still able to get out and do things and make it enjoyable.

3364. Not having to cook all week. It was really nice to have all of my meals prepared for me while I was away. I enjoy cooking but once in a while it's nice to just relax.

and finally...

3365.  Looking forward to seeing how God will move this week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live