Multitude Monday


The last week of August has arrived. This has been a full and productive summer, but not in the usual sense. Normally I spend my summers sewing, crafting and canning. I have rows and rows of jars filled with wonderful things to get us through the winter. Other than a few pickles, I haven't canned a thing.

Instead I have written 4 papers and completed a project. Instead of reading fiction books or books just for pleasure, I have read systematic theology books. This was the summer we went on a "real" vacation. A summer of surgery and recovery. A summer of air travel and car travel. A summer of peace and relaxation. A good summer!

Now I need to turn my mind to the autumn. A missions conference, a retreat, another conference, kid's programs, women's programs and on and on it goes. And this is my absolute favorite season of the year!  My mind will start going to decorations in shades of red, orange and yellow, pumpkins, apple-picking, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg and all things fall.

I'm thankful for so many things and on this Multitude Monday I will name them.

Today I'm thankful for blessings #3,366 - 3,375.

3,366. Having someone to go one adventures with me.


3,367. The weather cooperated for our last week of vacation. Even when it rained, it didn't mess with our plans.


3,368. Stephen is home for a few days and it's the first time since the beginning of the summer so it's nice to be able to chat with him a bit.

3,369. A wonderful training session with a group of ladies from another church on Saturday. The leadership team invited me to come and speak with them about missions, values and goals for their women's group and it was a really good morning.

3,370. We traveled to another church yesterday morning so I could speak briefly in two services. Because we were on vacation Dan was able to come with me (normally he'd be preaching in our own church). I'm thankful for a husband who gives up his vacation time to support me in my ministry.

3,371. Being able to walk this path again. It's a local state park that I love going to, however haven't been since early April when I tore my meniscus.


3,372. Hidden treasures that you can find if you keep your eyes open.


3,373. Quick and easy meals.


3,374. Air-conditioning! It's supposed to be brutally hot and humid the next couple of days and I'm really thankful for this modern convenience.

and finally...

3,375. Rest and refreshment so I can hit the ground running this week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live