Thank You


I try to have my quiet time on my deck each morning. If the weather allows, I head out there with my cup of coffee, my Bible and journal. It's peaceful and quiet and I also get a glimpse every now and then of a "visitor." This was today's little one who came to visit.



As I was sitting there this morning and finishing up praying, my heart was full of thankfulness for the way God uses all the things in my life to shape and mold me to become more like Him. This poem basically flew out of my brain and onto paper and I thought I'd share it here this morning.



Thank You
by Terri A. Groh



The sun on my face
The breeze lifting my hair
The birds singing so cheerfully
And sweet smells in the air



These things remind me 
that Your hand created it all,
You care for each creature
No matter how big or how small.


Lord, help me to take pleasure
In each moment You bring.
To bow my head and give thanks,
And Your praises to sing.



In Your ultimate act of creation,
You took care to form it just right.
You put your breath in his lungs
And created him with delight.



Lord, help me not to mock or scorn
The person you have made me to be.
For Your eyes saw me before I was conceived
And you put me together so carefully.



Thank you for the enjoyment I feel
As I learn daily to be grateful.
Let me always give You the glory and praise
And walk each day with a heart that is full.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live