Hurry Up, Fall Weather!










Dan & I went for a walk yesterday at one of our favorite nearby state parks. I needed acorns for a prayer station at my retreat and there are hundreds of oak trees there. So I got what I needed and then we walked. This time we stuck mostly to paved paths and roads.

I'm up to two miles now as I walk and I'm going much faster. My knee is doing okay, though the MCL (medial collateral ligament) still hurts quite a bit. The other day we were walking through the woods and a small branch got stuck right between my feet as I walked and caused my right leg to yank hard to the side, pulling on that injured ligament. I let out a shriek because of the pain that shot through it and then basically was only able to limp a short way further. Since then it's been bothering me more than usual. What are the chances that would happen? I really think there is a target on my knees! lol

I'm longing for fall weather because it truly has been so incredibly hot and humid for this time of the year. I love fall and it was nice to see the leaves turning, acorns and pinecones littering the ground and start to smell drying leaves.

Once this retreat is over, I'm looking forward to apple and pumpkin picking, decorating my house, and all things autumn. There is so much for which to be thankful! Hurry up, fall weather!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live