Screeching to a Halt


From March through September I'm going flat out planning one event after another. Then all of the sudden at the end of September it comes to a screeching halt. That's not a bad thing, but for a few days I'm not sure what to do with myself. 

Today has been noticeably quiet like that and it probably has more to do with the fact it has been raining most of the day. I read a couple of chapters in a required reading book for my consecration. I did lunch dishes and a load of laundry. I cleaned both bathrooms. And that's it. I don't really feel like sewing or doing much of anything. 

So I thought perhaps if I come on here and type up a to-do list, I might actually accomplish more than a couple of things.

Spiritual/Personal Development
1. Bible reading 5 out of 7 days - 6 days done
2. Reading for consecration - I just started Power Through Prayer by E.M. Bounds
3. Work on consecration questions


Family/Marriage
1. Date out with Dan - went out to breakfast
2. Make cookies to send to Emily

Health
1. Exercise 5 out of 7 days - 5 days done
2. Keep under 1600 calories per day

Church Ministry
1. Decorate church
2. Bulletins
3. Send out a couple of note cards

District Ministry
1. Mail "mama pack" items to church in Ohio. At our retreat the ladies put together 60 packs of baby items to be sent to Africa for a hospital for women and children. There is a church in Ohio who ships them overseas. I still have enough items for another 60 but need bibs before I can put those together.
2. Catch up on correspondence
3. Work on newsletter article

Household
1. Clean both bathrooms
2. Decorate house for fall 
3. Clean sunroom
4. Figure out what to do with jelly I made last week. It flopped because I used a box of instant pectin by mistake so now I'm not sure what to do with it.

Crafts/Sewing
1. Make 3 items for upcoming craft fairs - Made an adult apron, a child's apron and a teapot cozy and 6 mug rugs

There you have it. I'm still not feeling motivated but tomorrow is a new day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live