Stepping Away from the Edge


I often make plans, thinking that I can do it all, but then there is a point when I know that I've crossed the line from busy into insanity.

My "plan" was to participate in our town's local Fall Festival and craft fair on Saturday as a vendor. However, a couple of things happened that pushed me over the edge into insanity so this morning I made the decision to drop out of that.

  • I forgot all about a 2 1/2 hour meeting I have  at another church tomorrow that is going to require a 3 hour round trip so that's basically most of the day lost as far as getting things done.
  • I have an event I'm attending on Thursday night that is an hour away so I won't be getting back home until late.
  • I have a missionary staying with us on Friday and Saturday night and I was starting to feel badly about not being around at all on Saturday. Plus, I have to feed him Saturday night and after being at a craft fair for 6 hours I already know how tired I'll be.
  • I received a late night email which required me to have to do some rearranging of part of my retreat schedule. Needless to say, I didn't get a lot of sleep last night since this occurred after I had already sent the schedule out.
Anyway, after emailing the coordinator to tell him I wouldn't be coming on Saturday, and getting the schedule set so all involved are okay with it, I am back in my normal "busy," yet sane mode. I have stepped away from the edge.

My family is happy about that! 😉🤣 Sanity is wonderful!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live