Wednesday Words of Encouragement

James 5:13-16 (NIV) ~


Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise. Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.
I'm reading a book for consecration called Power Through Prayer by E.M. Bounds. It's an older book but a very good one! I long to spend large chunks of time in prayer and so many times I think I don't have the time for that. However, when I look at how I do spend my time I realize that I fritter away many hours a day.

I waste time on Facebook and social media. I waste time on television shows that have no heavenly value. I often waste time doing not much of anything at all. Can you relate?

Imagine how much good could be done in our own personal growth or to further God's kingdom if we just could even spend one whole hour in prayer a day!

I want to be better in this area. How about you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live